RAID DECO 40
This Course is designed to extend the diver’s knowledge and introduce the skills and decompression procedures required in the use of oxygen enriched gases for extended range recreational diving. The program develops diving skills and provides a greater understanding of the concept of limited decompression sport diving.
The RAID bridge between Recreational and Technical diving. This program can be catered as a recreational deco program, or an Intro to tech program. It introduces true self-sufficient diving. The RAID DECO 40 program covers the core skills from the technical diver training programs and can be completed on a twinset with isolation manifold, sidemount, or a single cylinder with a stage.
As such it makes the perfect program for recreational divers or instructors who want to add gain some experience with decompression, as well as add some redundancy to their skill set, and fall completely in line with the new European EN250 standards.
The program allows the student to either use their ‘stage’ as a bailout during limited decompression dives, or as a gas extender during extended nitrox NDL dives, and allows for O2 content up to 100%.
This program takes a technical approach to equipment configuration, so if you’ve already been diving sidemount or twinset you may expect a little streamlining during the course of the education.
This program qualifies divers to do dive to 40 msw and perform non accelerated decompression stops of a maximum duration of 10min, and/or perform extended NLD dives with a switch to a richer mix at a more shallow depth.
• To be a minimum of 16 years old.
• To be a certified diver for at least 3 months.
• Have a minimum of 25 logged hours using open circuit.
• Submit certification for RAID Open Circuit Advanced 35 and/or equivalent. Per request of the Instructor; demonstrate all skill related to previously completed levels.
• To submit Nitrox, and Deep certificates and/or equivalent, the instructor is to evaluate these skills.
– Approximately 4 days