The Halcyon Eclipse Wing is a donut-shaped back-mounted Buoyancy Compensator (BC) allowing divers to enjoy perfect horizontal trim underwater. It is suitable for single tank divers from any agency and at all levels. It's been our choice wing for try dives and beginner through advanced recreational diving courses for many years.
The low drag design of the wing spreads the air in a balanced way on the back of the diver, keeping the BC part of the compensator out of the way and offering unprecedented streamlining during a dive. The wing has a narrow elliptic shape which more or less matches the divers width.
There are no air-inflated side panels or pockets as on traditional 'jacket type' BC's, avoiding a "legs down" position often caused by air to the side and front of the diver. There are no restrictions on the diver's chest - making it extremely comfortable, with no chest compression, also allowing one size to fit all with no hassle.
Advantages of a wing system over a "jacket type" BC are numerous. The Halcyon system depends on a one-piece webbing harness looped through a sturdy aluminium or stainless steel backplate that should last many lifetimes. Once donned, a webbing crotch strap can be utilised to keep the whole system in place with minimum movement. This clutter-free system is easily adjustable to suit any size, any type of diving and any thickness of suit/undersuit a diver may be using. It is ideal for men, women and young divers alike and the harness, stainless hardware and backpack can easily be moved to a twinset wing in the future.
The continuous loop harness prevents the frustrating lack of control found with typical buoyancy compensators. Once adjusted to size and fit of the suit, there is nothing that can break or come loose. There's a whole lot of fun with less effort in this One Size Fits All adaptable system that'll last you a lifetime! The system comes ready with all DIR compliant hardware.
HALCYON ECLIPSE SYSTEM WITH STANDARD HARNESS INCLUDES:
- Halcyon Eclipse Wing (30lbs or 40lbs*) with inflator hose
- Aluminum or Stainless Steel Backplate
- Complete Standard Harness; infinitely adjustable and designed to fit you perfectly
- Halcyon ACB Weight Pockets
- Halcyon MC Storage Pack for backplate
- Easy-adjust crotch strap with rear and front D-ring
- All required stainless steel D-rings and retainers (both shoulders + LH waist)
- Standard stainless steel Single-Tank Adapter with two cam straps & SS buckles (upgradeable to Weighted STA)
- Corrugated hose and balanced power inflator
- Front facing Left-Hand side dump valve
- Lifetime Warranty for the first owner on RF-welded seams.
What backplate to use?
While not set in stone, aluminium backplates are generally preferred by traveling or wetsuit divers as they are lighter than their stainless steel counterparts. The popular backplate for dry suit diving is the stainless steel, where the additional weight is a benefit (spreading out the weight needed to compensate for buoyancy while taking it off the diver's waist).
Both backplates are based on the same Halcyon design and are compatible with the Halcyon Cinch Adjustable Harness. Most UK divers who use dry suits prefer the SS backplate.
What size wing?
The Halcyon Eclipse wing comes in 30Lb (13.6Kg) and 40Lb (18.1Kg) lift capacity and the amount of lift required by a diver depends on his/her kit configuration. When deflated and flat, both size wings are similar in appearance with the 30Lb wing looking slightly smaller.
Stretched out flat the Eclipse 30 measures 67cm (height) x 46cm (width) compared to the Eclipse 40 which is 70cm x 50cm. The 30Lb wing is more suitable for a lighter profile diving rig such as a single 12L steel cylinder whereas the 40Lb is ideal for divers who want that "extra bit" of lift for emergency assistance or to carry heavier cylinder setups like a 15L.
HALCYON ECLIPSE WING
A choice of lift capacities helps to maximize comfort and streamlining while accounting for various buoyancy requirements that result from differences in tank size, exposure protection, or equipment requirements.
The Halcyon Eclipse is a low profile, exploration-grade wing, that leaves all other single tank designs in its shadow. Streamlined. Ruggedized. Another example of Halcyon taking the game to the next level.
The Eclipse wings have a long, narrow, wing profile to support the diver's tank along his or her entire length, preventing unnecessary drag and minimizing effort. A circular zipper around the inside of the wing allows for easy inspection and replacement of the interior bladder.
- Available in 30 and 40 lbs lift capacities.
- Lifetime warranty for the first owner on RF-welded seams.
- A drainage system allows water to drain rapidly from the outer cover to minimize excess weight.
- An inflator elbow strain relief constructed from two-inch nylon webbing minimizes wear on this connection.
HALCYON SECURE STANDARD HARNESS
The Halcyon Secure Harness provides an infinitely adjustable fit, eliminating the uncomfortable movement found in conventional “jacket” buoyancy compensators. This perfectly tailored fit means that divers of all sizes can enjoy a custom diving configuration that supports unparalleled stability and diving comfort. Moreover, this unique system is easily convertible, allowing one to adjust buoyancy or quickly switch from singles to doubles. Regardless of your future aspirations, this flexibility means your diving system can grow with you. From your first open-water dive to your 100th deep dive, Halcyon is with you all the way.
- Secure, continuous webbing provides a custom fit; eliminates unwanted tank movement
- Pre-bent shoulder D-rings facilitate quick storage of accessories from Scout lights to stage bottles
- Complete adjustability of D-rings eliminates inappropriate attachment points.
- EPDM elastic bands help secure accessories
- SS waist buckle
- Adjustable crotch strap enhances stability, nearly eliminating unwanted tank movement.
As with most Halcyon products, an immense amount of behind-the-scenes work is required to create a plate we are proud to sell. Halcyon backplates have been refined over the years to provide the highest-quality finish and materials available.
Small details like the unique bends near the bottom of the plate create an ergonomic curve, increasing diver comfort. Meanwhile, the precise fabrication process ensures the quality you have come to expect from Halcyon.
Each Halcyon backplate is cut from the highest quality stainless steel and sophisticated CNC machines mill every edge; this detailed process eliminates the sharp edges common with competitors’ plates.
When you use a Halcyon backplate you know its different from the others with machine polishing augmented by individual handwork that stands out, perfecting both form and function.
- Constructed from high-grade, polished Stainless Steel or hard-coat Aluminum
- Carefully milled surfaces eliminate sharp edges
- Standard: 6-lb. (2.7kg) Stainless Steel or lighter weight 2-lb. (.9kg) Aluminum
- Utility holes allow mating with Storage Pak to stow a variety of lift devices or SMB
HALCYON MC STORAGE PAK
The Halcyon backplate pocket is the most efficient means to store any of the various Halcyon inflatable markers with ease. Stowing your favorite lift device in a Halcyon Storage Pak provides a hassle-free storage place without compromising the ability for rapid deployment of a SMB or lift bag.
HALCYON SINGLE TANK ADAPTER
Halcyon's Single Tank Adaptor is used to mount the wing and backplate to a single cylinder.
The standard single tank adapter can be upgraded to a Halcyon Weighted Single Tank Adapter. The central weight can be removed if not required making it back to a standard adapter.
HALCYON ACB WEIGHT POCKETS
Halcyon ACB (Active Control Ballast) integrated weight pockets are an ideal solution for divers seeking releasable weight for their Halcyon BC system.
This patented Halcyon design is simple and effective; when complemented by our fixed and removable ballast options, these pockets fine tune system weighting while supporting stability and diving comfort.
- 10-lb. ACB System (5 lbs/2.3 kg per side)
- Vertical orientation consumes less space
- Simple tri-glide connection secures the ACB on the Harness waist band
- Allows mounting of a primary light behind the ACB pocket
- Side release buckle prevents accidental weight loss but can be quickly released
- Can be used with most soft or hard dive weights
- Removable weight pouch features an easy-carry handle